Day 1 :
Travel and meeting at St. Niklaus (1116m) - Dinner and night at Hotel "La Reserve
Day 2 :
Cable car to Jungu (1955m) - Troära Pass- Descend to Augustboard Valley - Final climb to Augustboardpass (2894m) - Grüobtälli descent to Gruben (1818m) - Night at Schwarzhorn Hotel
Day 3 :
Two different options to reach Zinal (1675m): Forcletta Pass (2874m) or Meidpass (2790m) - Stage admiring renowned mountains such as the Weisshorn or the Great Gendarme - Night at Zinal
Day 4 :
Cable car to Sorebois (2438m) - Corne de Sorebois (2895m) - Col Torrent (2916m) - Villa (1742m) - Taxi to Arolla where we will spend the night
Day 5 :
Mont Collon dominates the entire first part of the stage - Haut Glacier d'Arolla up to Col Collon (3087m) - Descent to Nacamulli’s Hut (2830m) continuing to Prarayer’s Hut (2005m)
Day 6 :
Prarayer’s Hut - Col de Valcournera (3075m) - Descent to Perucca-Vuillermoz Hut continuing to Fenetre de Cignana (2445m) - Perreres (1850m) – Taxi to Cervinia - Hotel accommodation
Day 7 :
Cable car to Plan de Maison (2547m) - Col de Teodulo (3317m) - Zermatt (1616m) - The views of the Mattertal, the Zinalrothorn, Dent Blanche, Dom, Monte Rosa ... will make us enjoy the descent - Hotel accommodation
Day 8 :
Morning promenade in Zermatt or Gornetgratt train attraction to later climb to the Berggasthaus Trift (2337m), authentic mountain’s hut with friendly atmosphere
Day 9 :
The icing on the cake on this Tour of the Matterhorn is the deviation from the original Tour to end up climbing one of the best located mountains, the Mettelhorn (3406m) - Descent back to Zermatt for the night
Day 10 :
Breakfast at hotel and farewell.
UIAGM/AEGM mountain guide services.
Advices prior to the trip.
Safety gear for the whole group.
Reservations management services.
Half board huts accommodation.
Breakfast, dinner and accommodation at hotels.
Travelling to St. Niklaus.
Transfers and/or cable cars.
Snacks and drinks during the stages.
Members and guides extra expenses due to program changes.
Each group member taking part in the program is required to possess an at date license issued by the Mountaineering Federation valid in the Alps.
Trekking is an extraordinary pass time but it involves risks. Each member of this journey takes full responsibility of what could happen.
The mountain guide reserves the right to modify the program depending on weather conditions, group factor or any other cause that in his opinion may be decisive.
Backpack 35-40 l.
Backpack rain cover
2 screw-lock carabiners
Silk sleeping back
Long sleeve thermal shirt
Medium thickness socks + spare
Sun cream factor 50+
Lip balm factor 50+
Medicines for personal use
First aid kit
Emergency isothermal blanket
Snacks (chocolates, cereal bars, dry nuts, ...)
Water Bottle 1,5 L
Watch / altimeter
TSE (European Health Card)
For the outdoor activity that you plan to be successful it is very important that it accommodates to your level, both physical and technical. Here we present some guidelines so that you can get an idea of what your level is according to the programs we propose. However, we recommend reaching to us so we can help you personally and adapt the program to your conditions.
- Technical Level
- 1 - Beginner. No previous experience in the mountains, just some walks on flat terrain and a well-marked path.
- 2 - Intermediate. Occasional hiker, with experience in one-day routes. Hikes in different terrains, where it may be necessary to cross a stone quarry, a snowdrift or an easy climb.
- 3 - High. Frequent hiker who walks and climbs in the mountains every weekend. Experienced in routes of several days spending the nights in mountain huts or camping in tents. Used to walk in rough terrain, rocks, steep slopes and snowdrifts. Good agility in unstable terrain (gravel, quarries).
- Fitness Level
- 1 - Being able to walk in the mountains for 3 to 4 hours gaining 800 meters of altitude with a lightweight backpack of about 5 kg.
- 2 - Walk along itineraries in the mountains for 4 to 6 hours gaining 1000 meters of altitude with an 8 kg backpack.
- 3 - Able to make mountain itineraries for more than 8 hours and ascending 1500 meters or more, loaded with a backpack of 10 kg.