To gain the basic knowledge to perform on “top rope” sport climbing routes in a safe way.
Get to know the equipment
Terrain, rock types
Grades, sketches and climb topos
Basic climbing knots
Basic ideas of climbing physics (fall factor, impact force...)
Basic rope manoeuvers, roping, belaying, hanging, lowering
Tope rope climbing
Lead climbing on equipped routes
2 screw-lock carabiners
Comfortable and adequate clothing
Food and water
For the outdoor activity that you plan to be successful it is very important that it accommodates to your level, both physical and technical. Here we present some guidelines so that you can get an idea of what your level is according to the programs we propose. However, we recommend reaching to us so we can help you personally and adapt the program to your conditions.
- Technical Level
- 1 - None or very little experience in mountaineering. Use of crampons once or never. Big expertise in trekking. Able to walk on different terrains (snow or rock) with easy climbs. Ascents rank as "F".
- 2 - Mid-experience in mountaineering. Frequent climbs using ice axes and crampons in steep terrain. Knowledge of using ropes for belaying. Progression in alpine glaciers. Moderate expertise in climbing and progression in ridges. Ascents rank as "PD".
- 3 - High experience in mountaineering who has made alpine ascents and multi pitch trad climbs up to the IVth or Vth grades. Able to use self-protection tools (friends, stoppers, ice screws), install a belay, abseil. Also experienced in heights over 4000m. Practice mountaineering often. Use of crampons and ice axes on slopes of ice or snow of more than 50º. Ascent rank as "D".
- Fitness Level
- 1 - Being able to walk in the mountains for 3 to 4 hours gaining 800 meters of altitude with a lightweight backpack of about 5 kg.
- 2 - Walk along itineraries in the mountains for 4 to 6 hours gaining 1000 meters of altitude with an 8 kg backpack.
- 3 - Able to make mountain itineraries for more than 8 hours and ascending 1500 meters or more, loaded with a backpack of 10 kg.