To learn the basic skins ascents techniques and to improve off-piste skiing to be able to tour on our own.
Get to know the equipment
Skins ascent technique
Anchoring and securing in snow
Off-piste skiing techniques
Basic ideas on Nivology
Procedure in case of avalanche
Planning a day out touring
Touring skis with touring bindings
Touring ski boots
Telescopic ski poles
Thermal under pants
Ski gloves + spare gloves
Sun cream 50+
DVA, snow shovel and 240cm probe
Water and food
For the outdoor activity that you plan to be successful it is very important that it accommodates to your level, both physical and technical. Here we present some guidelines so that you can get an idea of what your level is according to the programs we propose. However, we recommend reaching to us so we can help you personally and adapt the program to your conditions.
- Technical Level
- 1 - Beginner. Never ski toured before. Frequent skier that goes off-piste not very often. Never used skins before.
- 2 - Intermediate. Ski tours occasionally (5 to 10 days a year). Know the basics using skins, correct kick turn on slopes up to 35º. Capable of placing ski crampons without any help. Be able to ascend through all kinds of snow following a trace. Skis efficiently on all kinds of snows.
- 3 - High. Big expertise in all types of ascents with skis. Knows and masters several climbing techniques with skins, kick-turn both back and to the valley. Can go easily forward skating. Ski tours quite often (more than 15 days a year). Familiarized with the use of ice axes and crampons in different terrains. Be able to use ropes for belaying. Has been in high routes in the Alps. Training in self-rescue.
- Fitness Level
- 1 - Being able to walk in the mountains for 3 to 4 hours gaining 800 meters of altitude with a lightweight backpack of about 5 kg.
- 2 - Walk along itineraries in the mountains for 4 to 6 hours gaining 1000 meters of altitude with an 8 kg backpack.
- 3 - able to make mountain itineraries for more than 8 hours and ascending 1500 meters or more, loaded with a backpack of 10 kg.