Freeride day in Baqueira-Beret.
We will meet quite early to catch the first lift up. According to the conditions of the snow, weather and group we will choose one itinerary or another among the many options that offer the great ski area. The most known descents are:
Montgarri, it gives the opportunity to experience snowmobiles on our way back to Beret’s parking lot,
Bagergue, really good run between trees to the small village of Bagergue,
Peulla, being quite far away from the main area of Baqueira, it is normally less frequented, therefore the snow is in great conditions.
All of them are big time worthwhile because of their beauty.
We will ski as if there were no tomorrow. Get ready!
UIAGM / AEGM Mountain Guide Services.
Advices prior to departure.
Safetty gear for the whole group.
Reservations management services, if needed.
Individual gear, transfers or snowmobiles.
Each group member taking part in the ski route is required to possess an at date license issued by the Mountaineering Federation valid in the Pyrenees.
Freeriding is an extraordinary pass time but it involves risks. Each member of this journey takes full responsibility of what could happen.
The mountain guide reserves the right to modify the program depending on weather conditions, weather, group factor or any other cause that in his opinion may be decisive.
Powder skis (patín >90mm)
DVA (pilas revisadas)
Ski carry backpack
For the outdoor activity that you plan to be successful it is very important that it accommodates to your level, both physical and technical. Here we present some guidelines so that you can get an idea of what your level is according to the programs we propose. However, we recommend reaching to us so we can help you personally and adapt the program to your conditions.
- Technical Level
- 1 - Beginner. Never ski toured before. Frequent skier that goes off-piste not very often. Never used skins before.
- 2 - Intermediate. Ski tours occasionally (5 to 10 days a year). Know the basics using skins, correct kick turn on slopes up to 35º. Capable of placing ski crampons without any help. Be able to ascend through all kinds of snow following a trace. Skis efficiently on all kinds of snows.
- 3 - High. Big expertise in all types of ascents with skis. Knows and masters several climbing techniques with skins, kick-turn both back and to the valley. Can go easily forward skating. Ski tours quite often (more than 15 days a year). Familiarized with the use of ice axes and crampons in different terrains. Be able to use ropes for belaying. Has been in high routes in the Alps. Training in self-rescue.
- Fitness Level
- 1 - Being able to walk in the mountains for 3 to 4 hours gaining 800 meters of altitude with a lightweight backpack of about 5 kg.
- 2 - Walk along itineraries in the mountains for 4 to 6 hours gaining 1000 meters of altitude with an 8 kg backpack.
- 3 - able to make mountain itineraries for more than 8 hours and ascending 1500 meters or more, loaded with a backpack of 10 kg.