Trip to Brides Les Bains - Meeting with the guide in the evening to finalize the details of the week
Les 3 Vallées ski resort - Col de Thorens (3114m) - Col Gébroulaz (3434m) - Lac Blanc - Roc de la Pêche Hut (1880m)
Elevation gain/loss: + 390m / - 1590m
Roc de la Pêche Hut (1880m) - Col d'Aussois (2916m) - Fond d'Aussois Hut (2324m) - Dent Parrachée Hut (2511m)
Elevation gain/loss: + 1180m / - 890m
Dent Parrachée Hut (2511m) - Col de Labby (3328m) - Mahure Glacier - Arpont Lake - Arpont Hut (2309m)
Elevation gain/loss: + 1020m / - 1270m
Arpont Hut (2309m) - Dôme de Chasseforêt (3586m) - Sonailles Dôme (3361m) - Col Pelve (2992m) - Dard (3135m) - Félix Faure Hut (2516m)
Elevation gain/loss: + 1540m / - 1260m
Felix Faure Hut (2516m) – Col de la Grande Casse (3095m) - Champagny le haut (1470m) - Transfer to Brides Les Bains - Night in Brides Les Bains
Elevation gain/loss: + 740m / - 1790m
- UIAGM/AEGM mountain guide.
- Personal advises prior the trip.
- Safety equipment for the whole group.
- Reservations management services.
- Half-board hut accommodation during the route. First and last nigh hotel accommodation and breakfast in Bride-Les-Bains.
- Travelling to Bride-Les-Bains.
- Transfers, sli lifts and/or cable cars.
- Snacks and beverages during the stages.
- First and last day dinners.
- Participants and guides extra expenses due to unexpected program variations.
- Each group member taking part in the ski route is required to possess an at date license issued by the Mountaineering Federation valid in the Alps.
- Mountain skiing is an extraordinary pass time but it involves risks. Each member of this journey takes full responsibility of what could happen.
- The mountain guide reserves the right to modify the program depending on weather and snow conditions, group factor or any other cause that in his opinion may be decisive.
- Touring skis (adjusted bindings)
- Touring ski boots
- Telescopic touring ski poles
- Wax for limiting the snow to build up under the skis
- Ski crampons
- Anti snow plate crampons. Preferably made of steel
- Ice axe
- Backpack 40l max.
- Headlight + batteries
- Light harness
- Dyneema ring 120cm
- Ice screw
- Two screw-lock carabiners
- Snow shovel
- Probe 240cm
- Transceiver (batteries in charge)
- Sun cream 50+
- Lip balm 50+
- Thin ski gloves
- Thick ski gloves
- Spare gloves
- Medium thickness socks + spare
- Touring ski pants
- Thermal underpants
- Gore-Tex ski pants
- Gore-tex ski jacket
- Thermal undershirt + spare
- Snacks (sandwich, dry nuts, cereal bars ..)
- Water bottle 1.5l or Camelback bag
- Watch / altimeter
- Mobile phone
- Cash (provide foreign currency)
- Mountaineering federation license valid for the Alps.
- Abroad Health insurance
For the outdoor activity that you plan to be successful it is very important that it accommodates to your level, both physical and technical. Here we present some guidelines so that you can get an idea of what your level is according to the programs we propose. However, we recommend reaching to us so we can help you personally and adapt the program to your conditions.
- Technical Level
- 1 - Beginner. Never ski toured before. Frequent skier that goes off-piste not very often. Never used skins before.
- 2 - Intermediate. Ski tours occasionally (5 to 10 days a year). Know the basics using skins, correct kick turn on slopes up to 35º. Capable of placing ski crampons without any help. Be able to ascend through all kinds of snow following a trace. Skis efficiently on all kinds of snows.
- 3 - High. Big expertise in all types of ascents with skis. Knows and masters several climbing techniques with skins, kick-turn both back and to the valley. Can go easily forward skating. Ski tours quite often (more than 15 days a year). Familiarized with the use of ice axes and crampons in different terrains. Be able to use ropes for belaying. Has been in high routes in the Alps. Training in self-rescue.
- Fitness Level
- 1 - Being able to walk in the mountains for 3 to 4 hours gaining 800 meters of altitude with a lightweight backpack of about 5 kg.
- 2 - Walk along itineraries in the mountains for 4 to 6 hours gaining 1000 meters of altitude with an 8 kg backpack.
- 3 - able to make mountain itineraries for more than 8 hours and ascending 1500 meters or more, loaded with a backpack of 10 kg.