Day 1 :
Meeting in Salardú with one of the guides of TUC Mountain Guides - Transfer in 4x4 to Montadí Parking lot (1490m) – At 17h30 or 20h30 transfer in snowmobiles driven by yourself to Hotel Banhs de Tredòs (1750m) – Time to relax at the thermal waters - Dinner at the Hotel restaurant: caviar tasting menu designed and elaborated exclusively - Night and rest at the Hotel
Day 2 :
Breakfast at the Hotel – Meeting with the TUC mountain guide – Climb to Tuc de Salana (2483m) - Beautiful views of the Montardo from the top – Wonderful descent to Montadí Parking lot (1490m)
Hours: 2’30 - 3h
Elevation gain/loss: + 783m / - 993m
As optional we can enjoy a snack/meal with Champagne at Hotel Banhs de Tredòs on the way down to Montadí, a lunch at the Eth Cerer restaurant located right next to Montadí Parking lot or a snack/beer once in Salardú.
This program is a very good indicator of a beautiful experience, but of course, the ascent can be modified according to the wishes of the assistants and will be adapted to weather conditions and technical/fitness level of the latter.
- 1 day UIAGM/AEGM mountain guide services
- Advices prior the start of the program
- Security equipment for the whole group
- Reservations management assistance
- 1 night stay + breakfast at Hotel Banhs de Tredòs
- Dinner at Hotel Banhs de Tredòs (Caviar Nacarii tasting menu)
- Snowmobiles drive (1 snowmobile every 2 persons)
- 4 wheel transfers before and after the program
- Thermal baths
- Snacks and drinks during the ski day of both participant/s and guide/s
- Drag on snowmobiles to the route starting point if required (between 10 and 25€/pp)
- Assistant/s and guide/s extra expenses due to unexpected program variations
- Each group member taking part in the ski route is required to possess an at date license issued by the Mountaineering Federation valid in the Pyrenees.
- Ski touring is an extraordinary pass time but it involves risks. Each member of this journey takes full responsibility of what could happen.
- The mountain guide reserves the right to modify the program depending on snow conditions, weather, group factor or any other cause that in his opinion may be decisive.
- Touring skis (adjusted bindings)
- Touring ski boots
- Telescopic ski poles
- Ski crampons
- Snow shovel
- Probe 240cm
- DVA (charged batteries)
- Ski carry backpack
- Ice axe
- Thin ski gloves
- Thick ski gloves
- Sun cream 50+
- Lip balm 50+
- Touring pants/Thin Gore-Tex pants
- Gore-Tex jacket
- Thermal t-shirt
- Medium thickness socks
- Snacks (sandwich, cereal bars, nuts,...)
- 5l. bottle of water
- Mobile Phone
- Mountaneering Federation License valid for the Pyrenees
For the outdoor activity that you plan to be successful it is very important that it accommodates to your level, both physical and technical. Here we present some guidelines so that you can get an idea of what your level is according to the programs we propose. However, we recommend reaching to us so we can help you personally and adapt the program to your conditions.
- Technical Level
- 1 - Beginner. Never ski toured before. Frequent skier that goes off-piste not very often. Never used skins before.
- 2 - Intermediate. Ski tours occasionally (5 to 10 days a year). Know the basics using skins, correct kick turn on slopes up to 35º. Capable of placing ski crampons without any help. Be able to ascend through all kinds of snow following a trace. Skis efficiently on all kinds of snows.
- 3 - High. Big expertise in all types of ascents with skis. Knows and masters several climbing techniques with skins, kick-turn both back and to the valley. Can go easily forward skating. Ski tours quite often (more than 15 days a year). Familiarized with the use of ice axes and crampons in different terrains. Be able to use ropes for belaying. Has been in high routes in the Alps. Training in self-rescue.
- Fitness Level
- 1 - Being able to walk in the mountains for 3 to 4 hours gaining 800 meters of altitude with a lightweight backpack of about 5 kg.
- 2 - Walk along itineraries in the mountains for 4 to 6 hours gaining 1000 meters of altitude with an 8 kg backpack.
- 3 - able to make mountain itineraries for more than 8 hours and ascending 1500 meters or more, loaded with a backpack of 10 kg.